Thursday, October 15, 2009

Funding

I am finding it hard to post this blog as there is so much need here in South Africa. I want to be able to raise funds for the things that actually matter to me. However, I know that to be able to do what I can for those things here in South Africa, for the time being, I have to be in South Africa. For me to be in South Africa, I need your help. I am here fully supported by people back home. In order for me to stay here for my committed year, I need funds to support me here. I will most likely be staying until August 2010. There are many things that will need to come together in order for that to happen, one of them being funds to do so. I have full faith in God that if that's His will, He will provide.

I am here helping Genesis with their fundraising. We’ve been working on proposals to get more funding for the care centre and have implemented our Sponsor-a-Bed Program, also known as the Sithembele (See-tem-bay-lay) Program. I am the coordinator of this program and have been working to get it off the ground.

Sithembele means “We have Hope”. And we do. We have hope that the care centre will find replacement funds when our PEPFAR funding runs out. We have hope that the care centre is bringing patients dying of AIDS to Christ. We have hope that we are making a difference in their lives. We have hope that we are giving them the love and care that they might not get at home. We have hope that they will get well here and be able to go home to their families. We have hope that we are giving them hope.
I am learning a lot and I love it here.

If you want more information from me about what I am doing here, etc. please let me know. Please pray for the people here. Please pray about considering supporting me while I am here. Lake Pointe Church has an account set up for me and it’s very easy to do so. Just go to… https://rockwall.lakepointe.org/Giving/Giving/online_giving.aspx. Click on “Missions Offering” and fill in “465-22550, Ami Cheek, South Africa” in the box below asking for missions support information. Fill in personal information as asked, etc. All funds given are tax deductible when given through Lake Pointe Church to my account they have set up for me.


Thank you so much, and as always, thank you for your prayers.

No comments: