Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A bit speechless...and a LOT to do!

This past weekend, Pastor Trevor, who is the pastor of the church in South Africa (Norwegian Settlers Church) and a Genesis Board Member, Gary, were here in Dallas. They've been in the US visiting churches they have partnerships with. I was able to meet with them, as they've had some changes take place within Genesis. This was an opportunity to find out what they'd like me to do with the organization and when they thought would be a good time for me to go. I will be assisting with their fundraising and public relations...specifically with their partnerships with churches and donors around the world.

It has always up to God when I will go. It just took meeting with Pastor Trevor and Gary to really put a firm date on my departure. So, that was done....I will leave for South Africa on April 15! Yikes! That's VERY soon. That date had already come up, so I was aware of it...it just took them confirming it that made it 'real'.

Luckily the lease on my apartment is up at the end of March and my car is now paid off (Praise God that this was already scheduled to happen this past January!).
My Mom happened to be here this past weekend so she came over on Sunday to help me get started with packing things up to sell. I was feeling overwhelmed with this project so I am very thankful to my Mom for her help. She also came over Monday afternoon and packed things up while I was at work!!! We enjoyed a nice dinner together and she stayed the night with me.
My wonderful friend Amy is having a garage sale for me to sell a ton of my stuff and all money brought in will go towards my funding. The garage sale will be on Saturday, March 14. We have a lot to do between now and then to get ready for it and have it be successful! It will be in the Richardson area. If you like garage sales and are interested in coming to buy stuff, please let me know and I will get you the address, times, etc.
My last day at work will be March 27. I've worked at this company for 6&1/2 years so really, leaving is bittersweet. I know I have to follow God's calling for me.

I will go visit my sister, Mindi, and her family in Indiana from April 2-7.

So, there is a lot to be done between now and April 15th but it's all coming together. I have had no major road blocks stand in the way of this, so I know this is what I am to do. I am excited, nervous, anxious, overwhelmed, thankful and blessed all at the same time!

Please pray with me. For wisdom, patience, safety, anxiety, and love. Funds are still needed and I am just taking a leap of faith that they will be provided between now and April 15. If you'd like more information about this, please let me know.

4 comments:

Psalm112 said...

Praise the Lord! Wow!

What are you doing with your car while you are gone?

Did you ever have a chance to reach out to my uncle?

Ami said...

I will be selling my car...yes, it would be nice to come back to a paid off car, but since I am raising my own funds, the amount I get for it will be a blessing to that fund.

I never did reach out to him - but will certainly review the info. you gave me! Thanks!! :)

Janine said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!
That is SO awesome, Ami!!!!! It's amazing to watch God work so clearly!
Please send me an e-mail about funding info, OK?
I'm so happy and excited for you and for what lies ahead.
God will certainly bless you as He uses you to bless others.
I a little bit envious.
You just need to make certain of one thing ...... you will have internet access!!!!!!
Love,
Janine

Mike said...

We are excited for you Ami and looking forward to seeing you in April. We met with the Genesis board on Thursday and are waiting for more info on the restructuring but know there is a place for you and your gifts serving here. May God sustain you through this transition as you trust completely in Him.