Sunday, February 1, 2009

3 month countdown...checklist

Just to post an update of next steps to take. Everything has come together thus far and I trust that God is in the details.

What I did take care of this past week:

  • Had Dr. sign medical release form and set up to go get chest x-ray - required items for Volunteer Permit paper work.
  • Turned in 60-day notice to my apartment complex - that I will not be renewing my lease when it's up at the end of March. I will be moving in with my sister and her husband (Becki and Doug) for the month of April, in hopes to leave for South Africa by May 1. Ummmm...that is 3 months from today....

Next items of focus for moving forward to move to South Africa:

  • Getting everything together to send in for my Volunteer Permit for South Africa. My goal is to have all of this together to mail in by Wednesday of this week. Still need chest x-ray and need to call the Home Affairs office for South Africa in DC to find out about what fees I have to pay and make sure I have everything together to send off.
  • Start collecting boxes and going through things at home and boxing up "Items to sell" and be reasonable about what to actually keep and what to sell.
  • Make departure date set for sure - April 15 or May 1.

That's all I can think of for now...feels good to type it out and posting in order to keep a record of what all goes into this whole process. Please continue to pray...

No comments: