Monday, January 26, 2009

Tonight! (Updated)

Update:
Thanks for your prayers! God is good and faithful! For some reason my nerves got the best of me - nasty weather and traffic on the way there got my nerves into an emotional mess. I got all my tears out on the way there as thoughts flooded my mind...totally random thoughts that haven't come up until now. Like saying good bye to my family. The flood gates opened at that thought! For some reason this meeting tonight, in my mind, made things 'official'...even though my fundraising letters have already gone out and support is coming in!
This meeting was with the Lead Pastor of Lake Pointe and 6 elders and our Mission Director. One of the elders is the leader of our team when we go to South Africa, and a huge support to my calling. So I wasn't nervous with him and even looked right at him a couple times to try to calm myself down! They were all very nice and very gracious. Pastor Steve asked "This will mean you are leaving your family behind...tell us about that..." Of course he had to ask that question! haha. :)
So, all went well, with my nerves a mess and forgetting to breathe as I spoke. They voted to commission me and even contribute to my fund. YEA! So on to the next step....


Original Post:
If you read this today, please say a prayer...my meeting with the elders of my church is tonight. This is to be commissioned by Lake Pointe Church for my year long journey to serve in South Africa. I am still raising my own funds, but this will give me the blessing of the church for this mission.
This meeting will take place from 7:30 to about 8:30 or so. I have 15 minutes with the elders. There will be prayer time before and after.

Please pray that I am able to communicate my call from God effectively.

Thanks in advance...I'll let you all know how it goes!

2 comments:

Psalm112 said...

Praying...

Janine said...

Thanks for letting me know ..... you are in my prayers. God will go ahead of you to prepare their ears and hearts, as well as with you to speak through you.
I have no doubt that they will indeed bless you, and that they will be blessed in return.

I'm excited for lies in store for you ..... and you'd better be able to blog from over there!!!!
Janine