Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Funding Need

As many of you know, I am self funded to be here in South Africa. Yes, there are organizations that fund people to do mission work and I did look into them. However, none were a good match for coming to this specific place, with these specific people that I have come to know and love, to do what I will be doing here. In a way, it leaves some room for freedom in that regard- to do what I feel led to so and serve those I feel led to serve. Of course a down side is straight out financial support! I've been blessed in that regard thus far, but still need more funds in order to fulfill my year commitment here.

My greatest need at this time is a vehicle. I do not have means of transportation and it is necessary here in South Africa....for me to get around to various projects and simply to get to work at Genesis each day. Thus far I've been given rides everywhere and had the blessing to borrow a car for a couple days. The need is greater with each day that passes and my need to get around to projects and help with transportation when others are here visiting.

Times are tough for everyone, everywhere and I certainly know that. Cars in South Africa are expensive. I do not need a new car by any means. My hope at one point was/is to help Two Tunics with getting food to creches (preschools/daycares) 4-5 times a month with the purchase of a truck, as they take food to some very rural places that have no paved roads. I got to do this two weeks ago and seeing those sweet faces smile at seeing food to feed them is priceless! See?



I would drive the truck on a more daily basis. This is still a prayer, so who knows. I need to figure something out soon.

Please pray about supporting me financially. If you feel led, simply go to https://rockwall.lakepointe.org/Giving/Giving/online_giving.aspx. Click on “Missions Offering” and fill in “465-22550, Ami Cheek, South Africa” in the box below asking for missions support information. Fill in personal information as asked, etc. All funds given are tax deductible when given through Lake Pointe Church to my account they have set up for me.


Please continue prayers for health, safety, and comfort....for me and those here in South Africa. Thank you!

1 comment:

Rose Ann Mitchell said...

Ami. Larry Landrum sent me your info. I am coming to Zambia in August. I love Bring the Rain blog. Do you know Ray and Yvonne Kelley? Will be praying for you and will check blog regularly.